Google
 

Friday

Rubiks Cube


I challange anyone that says they never owned a Rubik's cube. Everyone had one, and I mean everyone. There was also the Rubik's Snake.

Now I was pretty rubbish at both. Although for some reason it was highly, highly addictive to kids and adults alike.

Kids would spend hours and hours hunched over, working this thing like crazy, with a furrowed brow. Give one to me now, and I would be bored within 2 minutes.

I remember in the 80s you would always see someone on the news, probably called Sebastian from 'special school' in Coventry or something, and he would be some 14 year old kid with a ridiculously smug smile because he had made the national news having been able to complete the Rubik's cube in, like, 8 seconds or something.

I couldn't even pull the stickers off and put them back on the the right way in 8 seconds.

With the Rubiks snake, I could make the dog, and.... well..... the snake. I think you could also make a ball. Hmmm.

Rubik's Cube. I remember them well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Jeff Plumb said...

To solve the cube, checkout
Cube Obsession

CT said...

what about pyraminx?

Anonymous said...

OMG! Who did not have a Rubik's cube???? Everyone I knew did! I had one of those Pyraminx too, but always had to get my dad to help me out with that...

Matt said...

I'm only 14, but I wish I could've been around back then! I actually have an original Rubik's Cube from 1980, AND an original 1981 Pyraminx!!

Anonymous said...

Click here...this is very interesting website.

Mike said...

I was never able to solve that!

80s Music

obat aborsi usia 1 bulan said...

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing

Obat Aborsi 7 Bulan said...

Very well written article

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks